Friday, June 12, 2020

My Stack Overflow Impact - 147k People Reached

If you are a software developer, you know how valuable Stack Overflow can be when you are trying to figure out an odd technical issue or a vague error message. I really appreciated that someone had asked the similar questions, even if the question was not exactly what my issue was. Sometimes, there was just this one answer. Oh yeah, let's just call them The-Saver-of-The-Day. It will lead you to the right direction for your solution. That's the appreciation I had for Stack Overflow over the years of my career.

I am really impressed by the answers written by many users (not mention Jon Skeet or Jeff Atwood) and appreciate the depth and the breadth and the insights of the answers. Nonetheless, I believe each one of us should contribute to Stack Overflow and give back to the society by just asking the questions and answering the questions if possible.

I am proud that I am one of the members who did both in Stack Overflow and I am pleased to find out today that my impact of people reached - 147k people. If you haven't checked your profile, you should do it. It will make you feel better and in turn make global software development community better.




No comments:

Thumbs Up to GitHub Copilot and JetBrains Resharper

Having used AI tool GitHub Copilot since 08/16/2023, I’ve realized that learning GitHub Copilot is like learning a new framework or library ...