Saturday, October 02, 2010

TFS 2010 Basic is My Choice for Personal Use

Team Foundation Server (commonly abbreviated to TFS) is a Microsoft product offering source control, data collection, reporting, and project tracking, and is intended for collaborative software development projects. It is good choice for big company like Chevron. But I wouldn’t choose TFS 2005 or TFS 2008 as my choice for personal use or for small companies. But with the compact features of TFS 2010 Basic: Source Control, TFS Build, and Work Items; and the power tools to easily backup and restore,  I found TFS is more attractive to me than other tools as Subversion or CVS as my personal source control system along with Application Life Cycle Management system.

 

So I picked TFS 2010 Basic to install with SQL Server Express on my Windows 7. The installation was very pleasant and smooth. It works like a charm.

 

TFS 2010 Basic is my choice now for personal use. It can be yours too.

 

References:

·         Reference: Mahesh Mitkari's Blog  My Coffee cup: Installing TFS 2010 on Windows 7

·         Reference: How to Backup / Restore TFS 2010

·         Download TFS Power Tools September 2010

 

 

No comments:

Thumbs Up to GitHub Copilot and JetBrains Resharper

Having used AI tool GitHub Copilot since 08/16/2023, I’ve realized that learning GitHub Copilot is like learning a new framework or library ...