Monday, December 15, 2008

WiX 3.0 Integration with VS 2005 or 2008

Here are some good things about WiX3.0 I found out. The WiX 3.0 is supported on both VS2005 and VS2008. We could setup both VS2005 and VS2008 solution to include WiX 3.0 project, or *.wixproj file. I have VS2005 and VS2008 installed on my local and I can edit the WiX project in either of them.

Cool thing to specify output file in GUI and you don't need to remember candle and light any more. Now it is much either to support pre-build and post-build events like normal .NET projects. If you have noticed that in order to replace the Version in the MSI I actually used the pre-build to replace and used post-build to restore the original file.

No comments:

Thumbs Up to GitHub Copilot and JetBrains Resharper

Having used AI tool GitHub Copilot since 08/16/2023, I’ve realized that learning GitHub Copilot is like learning a new framework or library ...